01 August, 2010

Tzatziki (the most wonderful dip EVER!)



I have a very good friend from Greece that taught me to make this. This 'dip' is fabulous on pork, chicken, veggies, sandwiches, french fries, anything really. But it is especially amazing with pork. I make it often with pork tenderloin and then use the leftovers to make sandwiches the next day. It's a favorite meal in my house. And bonus: it takes 5 minutes to make.

Tzatziki

1 small container very good Greek yogurt (I use Fage)
1 cucumber, peeled and shredded using a cheese grater
1 small bunch of fresh dill (4 -5 long sprigs), chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir well. Cover and refridgerate at least one hour but preferably overnight. (You could eat it right away; it is good. But it's much better if you wait) Before serving, taste to make sure it doesn't need a little more salt, pepper or oil. Serve with virtually anything.

1 comment:

  1. Cool - I wanted this recipe after Chris made it for a gathering at Elias, but forgot to ever ask for it! Thanks (to you & Chris)!

    ReplyDelete

 
Miss Adventures in a Tiny Kitchen. Design by Pocket